Central Coast Neurosciences Research has enrolled subjects in over 80 clinical trials, primarily multi-centre international randomised controlled studies assessing the efficacy and safety of medicines under development for neurological conditions.
Clinical trials are conducted in the areas of:
- dementia, including treatment and prevention,
- stroke and vascular disease,
- Parkinson’s disease, and
- multiple sclerosis.
The research team consists of:
- neurologists: A /Prof Denis Crimmins, A/Prof Jonathan Sturm, A/ Prof Scott Whyte, Dr Anna Schutz, Dr Yun Hwang,
- geriatrician: Dr Raj George,
- neuropsychologists: Natalie Lambert and Warwick Irvine,
- study coordinators: registered nurses Michelle Anderson and Angela Clair,
- research assistants with degrees in the health field.
MRI, PET and other imaging is performed by local diagnostic imaging centres.
Since 2012, Central Coast Neurosciences Research has operated from two locations on the Central Coast; at Erina and Tumbi Umbi.
Subjects are recruited from the practices of the Central Coast Neurosciences Research doctors or directly referred by General Practitioners. Please direct enquiries to Michelle Anderson via this form: